6.28.2012

Two-Toned



When it comes to painting my nails, I rarely do more than a simple solid color, or just a bit of gloss. Not that I don't appreciate bright colors or the occasional fun design, but I just find it labor intensive for something so short lived. I feel like I can't go two whole days without chipping of the new polish... even if I do make it through the painting them without creating a mess. But this modern colored take on a classic was so simple, it was worth giving a try.


I decided to do a twist of french tip using two hot colors: mint and metallic!  I used Revlon colors Minted and Silver Dollar. They're reasonably priced, and they are well saturated with color. I hate getting a new polish home only to find that it takes at least 3 coats to make it somewhat opaque. Who has the patience for that?



After clipping and filing my nails into shape, I started by applying two coats of the mint color, leaving plenty of time to dry between each coat - the hardest part for me. I then used sticky address labels to protect the lower portion of my nail, and painted the exposed tips silver. You could use scotch tap or any other stickers you have lying around, but just know that if it's super sticky, it's going to pull off the polish, so stick and un-peal it from your skin a few times to pick up oils and lessen the adhesive power. I painted two coats of the silver on my nail tips. Right before was completely dry, I pealed off the sticker and lightly pressed my nails with my finger tips to smooth the polish and make sure there are no lumps. It's pretty easy to do touch ups when need be.



No comments:

Post a Comment